San Diego Notary Services by SD Signings
Notary for San Diego Detention Centers
Notary for San Diego Detention Centers (Jails & Prisons)
SD Signings offers notaries traveling within San Diego County prisons and jails. We are considered “pro visits” or “legal visits” and can have access very quickly to individuals that have been incarcerated. If you have an important document that needs notarization with a local jail or prison we are glad to assist you.
Power of Attorney within San Diego Jail or Prison
The most common document signed within a San Diego Detention Center is the “power of attorney”. The power of attorney document typically grants over chosen powers to a close family member or friend to take care of bills, vehicles, bank accounts and property needing attention back home. By law, a notary is not allowed to draft a power of attorney or provide legal advice. This document can be drafted by a trusted lawyer or attorney for specific protections. It is also commonly found online or within office supply stores. As the Power of attorney typically requires notarization before it is recognized. We will gladly go within the facility to retrieve signatures from your friend, family member or individuals requesting our services.
Notary Procedure within a Prison or Jail
We coordinate with attorneys, families, and friends of individuals incarcerated to have documents notarized in a timely manner. Most transactions happen with a 24 hour turnaround. Here is the process.
- Documents are delivered to notary by email, an advance meet-up, or directly at the detention facility lobby.
- Notary will enter into prison or jail immediately promptly to witness document signatures.
- Notary will bring back documents to the appropriate party quickly by delivery, courier, mail as per instructions.
Notary for San Diego Jails, Prisons, and Camps
- San Diego Central Jail
- George Bailey Detention Center
- Las Colinas Detention Center
- Vista Detention Center
- South Bay Detention Facility
- La Cima Conservation Camp
- Other facilities upon approval
See Other Services
SD Signings provides an experienced traveling notary to your home or workplace by appointment.
Common Documents Requiring Notary in Prison / Jail
- Power of Attorney
- Vehicle Impound Release
- Storage Unit Affidavit
- DMV Transfer Forms