Notary for San Diego Detention Facilities (Jails & Prisons)
Update | May 2023: SD Signings is unable to assist at the Donovan’s Correctional Center.
This facility has their own appointed notary that appears weekly and does not allow external notary services.
We are available to help at most other detention facilities in San Diego.
Notary Process within a San Diego Detention Facility.
We coordinate with attorneys, families, and friends of individuals incarcerated to have documents notarized in a timely manner. Most transactions happen with a 24 hour turnaround. Here is the process.
- Documents are delivered to notary by email, an advance meet-up, or directly at the detention facility lobby.
- Notary will enter into prison or jail immediately promptly to witness document signatures.
- Notary will bring back documents to the appropriate party quickly by delivery, courier, mail as per instructions.
How to prepare?
- Have your document ready and completed in advance
- Ensure signer’s name on the document matches name in detention records
- If signer’s name on document is longer than detention records, please provide further ID to ensure we can match notary certificate exactly with your document name.
- Once document and ID are ready, you may email, send, or meet us with the document at the detention facility.
- See detention facility notary costs here.
How does the visit work?
- Once the notary has the document to be notarized, they are available to enter the facility.
- Notaries are classified as a ‘Professional Visit’ and may enter into the facility without an appointment.
- Once inside the facility, the notary will meet with the signer for document review.
- After docs are signed, we exit the detention center.
- Typically these appointments range from 20-60 minutes depending on the availability of the staff at the facility.
- We can give notarized document right back in person or through the mail.
How to setup an Appointment?
- Contact us or schedule online through the schedule notary now button at sdsignings.com
- Let us know the information about the signing within your notes
- We will contact you to setup everything up via email/phone.
We can arrive to the facility and back with your document in as little as 24 hours.
- We take extra steps before, during, and after the appointment to ensure best processing.